Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday's Tunes - The Adele Chronicles


I'm pretty sure you'd have to have been living under a rock to not have heard of Adele by this point, but for those of you who haven't heard, hold onto your seats.

Adele came rocking into the US with 'Rolling in the Deep' and everyone (and I do mean, everyone; yes, you, sir in the back row, I'm talking about you) loved it:


Her badass lyrics kind of took the nation by storm for not long after Someone Like You was released and hit the tops of the charts:


Her throwback style to some of Hollywood's classiest icons made us admire her not only for her gutsy hand-written lyrics but for her sheer and utter style.  She smokes, she drinks, she curses and she's unapologetically herself.

In other words, this chick is right up my stinkin alley. 

She covers songs like The Cure's Lovesong:


and Bob Dylan's (which was almost made new again by Country Legend Garth Brooks) Make You Feel My Love:



My favorite however is Turning Tables:


Every single time she gets to "So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me..." I get freaking goosebumps.  I don't know if it's the music build up or the emotion in her voice....but it gives me the good kind of chills every time. 

So, if for some reason you haven't been privy to this Brit import, give her a listen.  She's freaking awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment