Friday, October 19, 2012

Fashion Friday....

Well, it's Friday, gang!!!

We've made it!! Hell to the yeah!!

Alright, I've been pouring through pinterest today to try and nail down some fashion icons that I absolutely adore.  I must admit that my icons - the people that I love and drool over - are from another time alltogether. 

And the three women I adore were from some of Hollywood's absolute golden days.  Their style all their own and uniquely them, I think it's their unapologetic nature that attracts me more than their simple and classic styles.  They were intelligent, athletic, beautiful and each one inspirational in their own right. 

First up:  Audrey Hepburn:


Audrey is the epitome of classic.  Everything highlighted her slim stature and regal stance.  She's the woman who coined the phrase "I believe in pink" and "the happiest girls are the prettiest girls".  Not only was she someone that I looked up to from a clothing standpoint, but also in life.  She was about simplicity. 

Next up:  Katharine Hepburn.


Oh, this lady, oh this lady!  With her tailored pants and button up shirts, she was wonderfully fashion forward to her time.  Wearing pants long before it was stylish to wear them, she eschewed skirts and conventional femininity for the sake of comfort. 

And please don't get me started on her attitude.  She's what I like to call a 'corker'. 

Lastly, Esther Williams:


I covet this woman's swimwear.  I had a framed photo of Esther in my room growing up and when AMC came along to our little town, I loved watching all of the old movies with Esther in them. 

So, there are just a few women who I think have wonderfully simple and classic style and taste.  The mavens of the 40's and 50's are where it's at for me evidently.

Who inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment