Saturday, November 10, 2012

Saturday Nite Fever....

This week I've been settling back in and today was a much needed day weather-wise.  We topped out at over 70 degrees this afternoon and I cleaned out/cleaned up our little shed and put away sandbox toys and whatnot.  While there is a box in our shed that needs to go to the county dump (and more than forty dollars worth of cans and bottles - not wine, I know what you're thinking - in there, too), I'm quite sure it can/could wait until Spring.  Either way, it's one thing I've crossed off of my mental check list of 'Things to Do'. 

In other news:

- I stopped by Hobby Lobby on Friday nite and purchased some yarn and felt.  I'm starting to knit bubble slippers for my girls.  I got purple along with a purple that has some tinsel/sparkles in it.  They'll be super cute if I can get them done in time.

-  The felt you ask?  We made these this afternoon:


Yup.  Felt cupcakes.  The girls had a great time with them!  I had gotten a bunch of felt (at 4 sheets for a buck, I felt more'n comfy enough to splurge on some of the cuter, more expensive (two for a buck) sheets of felt, too) and this cute idea off of pinterest.  I'm thinking we'll be adding more stuffs to their felt 'bags' for projects.  Sadie kept turning hers around making houses and etc out of hers.  Definitely giving this momma idears. 

- In other fun news, I ordered some Polyjuice Potion and Fawkes the Phoenix yarn from Gnome Acres this week.  I'm so excited to get my greedy little hands on that yarn.  I swear, if I could buy every single bit of it, I would.  All of her 'Harry Potter' line of yarns is so gorgeous and aptly reminiscent of the characters they're named after.  It's like a bitty yarn shoppe after my own heart.  Seriously.

- Watched Masterpiece's Emma last night...again.  When in doubt, turn to Austen (Jane Austen, that is).  There is something wholly comforting about watching those shows for me.  I can't explain it other than, when I'm knitting and it's quiet and I've got my earbuds in listening to Romola Garai and Johnny Lee Miller talk - "If I loved you less, I could talk about it more" - it's magic to my ears/eyes.

- I'm afraid to take the damn leap.  :sigh: I know - sort of - what I want our bathroom to look like.  But my laundry room has reached overflowing proportions again and there's so much to do that's like way more up there instead of painting.  I really waaaaaaaaaant to do it though.  It's just one of those projects where I KNOW I'm going to have two really enthusiastic little helpers and it's a SMALL BATHROOM.  But if I wait until they go to bed, I'll never get it done.  And if I do it while they're awake, I'll end up screaming. AHHHHH Catch-22.  Any ideas, guys? HELP

- Also recommended read:  Diary of a Mad Fat Girl by Stephanie McAfee.  Okay, it doesn't strain your brain but it made me laugh my butt off and kept me awake until 11:45 on Thursday night.

What else?  I think that's all I got for tonight.

Are you guys stockpiling recipes for Thanksgiving yet?  We're at home this year (another thing to be thankful for - no running around - I can stay in my jammies alllllllllllll day) and am looking forward to maybe a breakfast recipe in the crock pot and then cooking all the side dishes (Kenny is always in charge of the turkey).

(Randomly:  I just did my Yogi Bear impression for Sadie.  I am now the funniest person she knows.  LOL)

So tell me about your week!  Gimme advice about my bathroom!  Tell me what you're reading!  Or tell me something I should know about you but don't.  


No comments:

Post a Comment