Just sitting here enjoying my first cup of coffee for the day and pondering the meaning of life (no, not really).
But, I thought y'all might enjoy a status update on how the Project 333 is going.
Well, here it is: It's going WONDERFULLY.
Every morning this past week, we've gotten out of bed with minimal fuss and Jude has dressed herself every single morning (thanks to picking out and setting out clothes the night before) with a little coaxing from her momma.
It's almost relaxing to get up in the morning and have everything put together already and just jump in and go essentially.
I did splurge on a new pair of grey shoes for work yesterday and a pair of pants from H&M that I'm absolutely in love with but like they suggest, I've adopted the 'one in and one out' rule and purged my wardrobe of a couple of items.
In other news:
1. Jude's got a fever and a cough. We were supposed to do family/kiddo photos today with a friend and I think that's going to be out. Jude's little cheeks are bright, rosy red and she's feeling pretty icky. Bless her heart. Nothing worse than a sick kiddo.
2. Knitting, knitting, knitting! I've got one of Jude's slippers done and started a cowl/neck warmer thing with the yarn from Gnome Acres. I've literally found the easiest knitting pattern - it's a honeycomb pattern and it's gorgeous! Santa is a busy gal. ;)
3. Who's ready for turkey day? Yeah, me neither. Thankfully (HA! See what I did there?) Kenny bought a turkey the other day and we've already got two boxes of Stove Top (what? My family are stuffing purists - nothing but the finest box product for this lot) and I'm gonna snag the rest of the ingredients/makings tomorrow or yet today.
4. Hit up Costco yesterday with my step-daughter and Mother-in-law. WOW OVERWHELMING! But I did stock up on some necessities pretty cheaply. And got to sit down for a nice lunch with the Fleming gals, which is always an occasion. We're a pretty bawdy lot.
5. My guy has been getting up at the butt crack of dawn to go trapping and I think he's really enjoying his time off. It always reminds me of Pa Ingalls. Don't ask. I married Pa. LOL Although, if he shot a bear, I'm pretty sure I'd crap eggrolls.
6. Thanks to the Project 333 my laundry sitch is so much better!!!! Although, I think Imma wait to do any painting/more purging until after the holidays. It always seems like it's a sprint to get things done (or at least all that I wanna do) and I'm trying to be super realistic about my time this year, but there are a few projects (besides knitting) that I wanna get done that include a set of tea towels and making brownies with apple pie schnapps gift baskets for friends and neighbors. In addition to making single serving soups for my grandpa (which is an EXCELLENT idea for elderly relatives/neighbors/friends) and I thought I might include a few loaves of homemade bread this year, too. The girls love helping with this stuff and I love the idea of showing them that making things for people we love is where it's at! Who wouldn't love these gorgeous french tea towels ? (I might have to make myself a set, too. LOL
7. You'll be relieved to know that I did indeed buy One Direction's new album and have been loving on it for a few days. I knew you guys were concerned about that.
8. My fave tweet of the week:
Hey cute couple I saw on the way home, thanks for supporting Gryffindor & Dumbledore's Army.You made me smile liek whoa.Love, Hez
— Heather (@prplhez8) November 14, 2012
Represent, HP fans. Love 'em.
Keep it safe and keep it real, pals.