Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday, Monday....

Let's be honest, shall we?  Mondays suck. 

Why?  I don't know. 

Maybe it's a society-driven misconception that it's bad to start a new week where we're doing nothing but running to and fro, here and there, trailing after our short people (whether they be our children or our show rabbits) and it's like our asses are on fire with very little to put out the proverbial flame.  It's not like they  make medicated TUCKS to soothe our overloaded schedules.  The world would have you going mach four with your hair on fire if it had it's way about things.  And then we reach Wednesday and we're all 'DEAR GOD, we're HALFWAY through.' or some such nonsense and then Sunday rolls around again and here we are, hating on Monday.

While I hate the beginning of the work week because I have to leave my little hodgepodge of a nest (I liken our home to the Weasley's Burrow....if you don't know what this means, please to be Googling) to venture out into that great big wide world, there are things to be happy for. 

I know you're wondering what.  What, Heather?  What have we got to be so danged happy about on a Monday?

Well, I could give you the broad generalizations of things to be thankful for such as your health, your children, the fact that the sun is shining, etc, etc, ad naseum, but I won't.  Instead, I'll share a few of my random thoughts that I've had so far this morning (aka things that have made me smile):

1.  Listening to One Direction in the car.  You have to be a special brand of a-hole to not smile at these silly fluffer nutters running around singing.  They're adorable.  Admit it.

2.  The Cambus drivers being adorable to each other over the radio this morning.  Seriously.  There was a love fest going on.

3.  The lady with the Raspberry Beret.

4.  Frost.  It means Fall is in the air.  Which means falling leaves, pumpkins, Pumpkin Spice Latte's (I've had three already this season), Halloween, costumes, hoodies, sweaters, boots, and scarves.

4b.  The best thing about Fall apparel:  It covers up all the lumps, bumps, and muffin tops.  I love this season.

5.  Ground squirrels running through the underbrush.  Those little guys always make me grin.

6.  Mums.  Crysanthemums are the flowers of Fall and our local FFA Chapter still has some for sale.  I really need to get on this.  Maybe this upcoming payday.

7.  Apples.  It's the time of year for apple crisp and apple cider.

8.  Bonfires.  Who doesn't love a bonfire?  Crazy people, that's who. 

9.  Pumpkins.  I don't mean the variety you carve, I mean those marshmallow creme things that come in a pack of candy corn.  My family always - I repeat ALWAYS - picks out the pumpkins first and then eats the candy corn.  Sadists.

10.  Books.  Through our local library you can download audiobooks and copies of books for your kindle to rent for two weeks on a program called Neibors.  Check into it.  I got into a Nora Ephron book this weekend that made me literally laugh out loud.  She is the queen of essays. 

So, let's hear something you're enjoying today.  Whether it be something as small as being able to go to the bathroom by yourself (don't mock - I was able to take a bath uninterrupted last night and it was like I was at a spa, I swear) or that you got the keys to your new house.  Big or small, it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment