....Oh my god.
Okay, first thing is first: So sorry it's been so long since I've written anything down here.
I'd like to say that it's because I've just busier than a one-armed coat hanger and partly, that's true. But mostly, I just haven't been feeling it.
Or maybe it's been because I've been feeling too much.
And those feelings are fun things like being overwhelmed and drowning in my own thoughts. And when that happens, dear friends, I duck and cover.
It's not a particular dignified coping mechanism, but it's mine.
I think one of the most difficult things about blogging or writing is keeping momentum and to keep on trudging through even when you don't feel particularly awesome about anything. Let me also say that I'm thankful for my daily blessings of my hubby and kiddos as I would be on the corner of no and where without them. But, there are times as momma and a woman, where I'm just plain old fashioned burnt out.
So in the interest of sanity, it's best to step away from the keyboard sometimes because not every thought I have in my head needs documented and there are times where you just gotta breathe without the crushing need to write it down.
I'd love to say that I've been painting our kitchen and bathroom and it's just because I'm working on a plan for our garden but that would be a big fat lie. So, in the spirit of keeping it real, I will tell you that I've been reading oodles, snuggling with my short folks some, laughing with the teen, checking in with the step-d and just muddling through until Spring pokes its head up outta the ground manifesting as daffodils, tulips, and forsythia.
It's been a long winter, pals.
Time for some sunshine.
For now, I'd like to:
- Go for a long walk by myself.
- Plan a garden with Sadie.
- Talk to Jude more about her views on the world (Seriously, anytime you need a reality break, talk to a five year old about the state of the union. There is nothing in the world that will put your life into perspective than a kid).
- Play some MarioKart with the boy. I've got an orange turtle shell with your name on it, dude.
- Go out for dinner with step-daughter and enjoy her laugh. She and Sadie have the same laugh (ie. when they're truly happy, they laugh like a drunken sailor. It's a thing of beauty, folks).
- Get out in that flat bottom boat with that guy of mine with nothing but time and the admirable ambition of drowning some worms.
What's on your Springtime agenda?