Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blogging, this isn't how you do it....

Ever have one of those days where you want to call & talk to a friend but you just have too much to say and instead you think you'll email only you're not quite sure where exactly to begin so you think you'll just text her a quick 'hi & love u' but you get sidetracked because the dog barfs on the living floor just about the same time that you smell the distinct odor of something burning in the oven?

No?

Dang.  Only me then. 

What I'm trying so inelegantly to say is that sometimes I can be a horrifically fair-weather blogger.  If I've got too much going on (if only ever in my mind) then I tend to internalize until it's safe to peek out from  underneath my shell. 

So, what have I been doing with my time?

A little writing and a little reading. 

I've finished reading Nora Roberts new book, The Witness.  As always, it was super speedy and easy on my brain.  I love Nora.  She may not be the best writer in the world but her commercial success speaks for itself.  And 99% of the time, I love the characters that she creates.  So definitely two thumbs up on this book. 

The hubs and I watched Zero Dark Thirty last night.  And while it sits at 2-1/2 hours long, I don't remember it feeling like 280 minutes long.  It was fast-paced and intriguing, of course.  I know it was a dramatization of the events surrounding Osama Bin Laden's death.  But the culmination of it in the middle of the night, was just one small step in a huge journey.  And movie or no, it was interesting to see how they got from point A to point Z. 

We've been dealing with some very full creeks and rivers around here this week so it's very nice to see the sun shining and the temps warming up the windowsills and the concrete.  I've got little girls who wanna use up the sidewalk chalk and a boy who has a new basketball hoop. 


Also, I can't really say a lot about the Boston Marathon bombings other than that the families of the victims are in my heart and in my prayers and I pray for the bomber, too.  I can't help that part of me.  It's who I am. 

Alright.  I have some kitchen chairs to finish covering and a life to be living.  I will check in with you kool kats on the flipside.  Take it easy this week.  Be kind to each other.  No, strike that.  Be excellent to each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment