Saturday, December 29, 2012

If you don't love it, don't own it...

So, as I'm taking a small break from cleaning up the house (which mostly includes tidying & picking up with a fair amount of cheerleading for my children.  You guys remember that cheerleader in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, right?  That's me.  RIGHT?  AM I RIGHT?  I get shrill.  Sue me.)

Either way, reflection for 2012 invariably comes with hope for 2013.  While I will be the first to admit that 2012 was a banner year at Chez Hez, I will also admit that there are certain things I would like to improve upon and that one namely being my home and the role I play in it.  I have a small, lovely home that is sat on two city blocks with oodles of potential if you don't count that whole carpet in the kitchen thing. 

Oy vey.

Either way, it combines a lot of what I love already about having a home.  There are great bones with tall ceilings, imperfect hardwood and little built ins all around.  What's not to love?  Well, for starters there are things inside my house that I pass by on a daily basis where I'm going 'Remind me again why I have that here...." 

Dig on what I'm saying here?

The same goes for the outside.  But, as it's almost January in Iowa, I will worry about that during the spring/summer months.  I want a hedge of Lavender but again, that's left for another time. 

I think most of the time I don't know where to start, which I've admitted before is an issue for me.  I don't have a 'vision' because while it's a house it's also a home but again, on that same vein, it's my Haven from the world outside. 

I want it to feel like that. 

When I walk in that back door, I want to feel like 'Oh thank GOD, I'm home.'  Ya know?

Because if my laundry room looked like this, pretty sure I'd crap eggrolls: (this picture is courtesy of the website iheartorganizing - check it out for helpful hints!)


Source

Or when I walk into the kitchen, I'd love to see this cute space:

Or this for the bedroom:

Source

See?  Simple, right?

Okay, how do I incorporate children into this mix?  I love my children, god knows I do, but they seem to want to have need for their space and things but oy vey it's like all their stuffs voms all over the house.

I think I've complained about this several times before and if I stumble upon the end all be all cure all, I will deffo let you know.

But for now let me just say that this year's theme/motto is:  Don't own it if you don't love it. 

You don't realize how hard this might be for me as I love shoes, clothes, books and musics.  Wish me luck!

Also, Happy 2013 all around!

*SMISHES*

No comments:

Post a Comment